MiR is EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2018
Read the press release from EY here: Mobile Industrial Robots wins the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2018 in a strong field of regional winners. MiR is a leading manufacturer of autonomous, collaborative mobile robots and has created a whole new industry in Denmark, which is well on its way to becoming a global growth adventure says the jury. The company will now represent the Denmark at the EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year in Monaco in 2019, where winners from more than 50 countries will compete.
Mobile Industrial Robots from Funen, a leading manufacturer of autonomous and collaborative mobile robots represented by Thomas Visti and Niels Jul Jacobsen, is awarded this year's EY Entrepreneur Of The Year at Forum in Copenhagen on Thursday evening in front of 800 business executives.
In total, six regional winners of the competition were competing to be the best growth company in this year. The award also includes the honor of representing Denmark at the world final, EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year, in Monaco in June 2019.
In its motivation for awarding Mobile Industrial Robots, the independent jury gave importance to:
- Mobile Industrial Robots is a market leader and creates more business. Not only have they created a whole new industry in Denmark, which is well on its way to becoming a global growth adventure. They also help companies worldwide to automate and optimize.
- This year's winner is an active part of a thriving environment where they inspire others and generate new ideas.
- Mobile Industrial Robots is born global and is a first mover. The company was sold this spring for 1.6 billion. DKK - after just four years. The jury believes that this is a clear expression of the company's disruptive potential and ability to innovate. Thomas Visti and Niels Jul Jacobsen both have a great drive, entrepreneurial heart, stubbornness, discipline and energy.
"The award as EY Entrepreneur Of The Year in Denmark is given to a company and its owners who in the best way manages to combine a strong business sense with growth and development. It is given to a company who's entrepreneurship is a role model for the coming generation. With Mobile Indurial Robots, we have an incredibly exciting winner, which I'm sure will get great attention in Monaco to EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year," says Lars Fløe Nielsen, chairman of the jury of the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year.
Mobile Industrial Robots were up against these other regional winners to become the year's EY Entrepreneur Of The Year:
• BILA A / S, winner of Region Nordjylland
• Mountain Top Industries ApS, winner of Region Zealand
• Netcompany A / S, winner of Region Copenhagen
• NTG A / S, winner of Region Syd- och Sønderjylland
• Søstrene Grenes Holding ApS, winner of Region Midtjylland